About The Course
Our 1 day CPD accredited Caldicott Guardian training course is suitable for newly appointed or experienced Caldicott roles, including those who are required to support Caldicott Guardians. It meets the annual training requirements as specified in the Information Governance Toolkit (IG Toolkit which states “Organisations should ensure that Caldicott Guardians and Caldicott leads are offered effective training and support”).
The training also provides up to date advice and guidance in a constantly evolving role.
It is a practical, interactive course with detailed handouts.
- Understand the role of the Caldicott Guardian
- Learn to recognise what are “Caldicott Decisions”
- Develop confidence in making your own “Caldicott Decisions”
- Be able to apply the new Caldicott principles in practice
- Understand the underlying ethics”
- Explore the conflict between confidentiality and information sharing
- Golden rules for protecting patient confidentiality
- Consider ethical dilemmas and how to make judgements
- Overcome barriers to multi agency working
- Learn how and when to share information and who with; relatives, police and other agencies