About The Course
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification verifies that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat detection tools, perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization, with the end goal of securing and protecting applications and systems within an organization.
CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with performance-based questions covering security analytics, intrusion detection and response. High-stakes exams are proctored at a Pearson VUE testing centre in a highly secure environment. CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a post-2014 cybersecurity environment.
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, such as firewalls, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for most organizations. The behavioral analytics skills covered by CySA+ identify and combat malware, and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface.
Learn how to;
- Apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools, analyzing results, and implementing recommended response
- Implement vulnerability management process and analyze results of the scan
- Use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management and recommend implementation strategy while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Distinguish threat data to determine incident impact and prepare a toolkit with appropriate forensics tools, communication strategy, and best practices as a response
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization.
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization.